Fruits, Holidays and Culture – Top 3 Popular Themes for Slots
The development of new slots online has grown in the thousands since the industry’s entry on the internet to meet the high demand from players. The games are loved for their simplicity, and over time, they have added the advantage of incorporating themes. Slot themes are meant to align the gameplay with a particular storyline that makes the experience about more than just spinning the grid and gaining wins. For instance, in the Reactoonz Slot, players engage the game in the usual “Spin to Win” motions. At the same time, they are transported to outer space to interact with balloon-like aliens that fill up the seven by seven grid that makes up the game. Themes define nearly everything in sets from their appearance to the bonus rounds that are offered. Here is a look at three of the most popular ones:
Fruit slot machines are a hark back to the age of old school gambling. Even though they are classics, this theme is featured in nearly every online and offline casino, and currently stands as a staple. The game of fruit machines came to be in the early 20th century when a ban was applied on slots that paid in cash. Instead of phasing out the games, the manufacturers came up with options that paid in the form of candy and gum. The poker card icons on the reels were replaced by fruits such as cherries, plums, watermelons, oranges, lemons, and grapes. When a winning combination was landed, one was rewarded with candy of the same flavour.
Today, the fruit slots theme is used to conjure nostalgic feelings among gamblers of how far the pokie industry has come in a century. These games can be presented in a modern development on five reels, but in most cases, they are reserved for the traditional three-reel setup. Some of the popular titles that fall in this category include:
- Flaming Hot
- Jackpot 6000
- Shining Crown
- 20 Super Hot
- Supreme Hot
- Royal Fruit
- Fruit Mania
- Super 7 Reels
- Mystery Joker
- Cherry Bomb
- Fruit Shop, etc.
Holidays are a big part of any culture with set dates being put aside to celebrate different events. These days have been the focus of numerous entertainment fields such as film and literature, and the gambling industry joins in on the fun. The slots that fall under the holiday theme umbrella can be created around different celebrations, and the most common ones include:
- Christmas slots: Christmas is considered not only the biggest holiday of the year but also the happiest time for most people. The festive season cuts across numerous cultures and is celebrated for different things, the main one being the birth of Christ by Christians. At the core of the holiday, nearly every reason for celebrating preaches the gift of giving, which is highlighted in many games themed around the same. Punters can expect to see a lot of decorative elements in Christmas slots including holly, lights, presents, Santa, elves, champagne, gingerbread cakes, and snow, among others. These items can appear as characters on the reels or elements around the game. Secret Santa, Ghosts of Christmas, Holiday Season, and Christmas Eve are some of the compelling titles in this category.
- Halloween slots: Halloween comes just a few weeks before Christmas, and it has garnered a lot of popularity in the western world over the years. Players get to trick or treat any time of the year with slots built around the holiday as they celebrate the day of the dead. Halloween is not the most glee of celebrations, and most of the titles surrounding the theme are marked with horror, mystery, and death. Even so, it is an entertaining way to shake up one’s nerves as they try to collect winnings at the same time. Popular slot machines that depict this theme include Halloween Fortune, Scary Rich 3, Wild Witches, Happy Halloween, Reel Fear, Halloween Horrors, and others.
- Easter slots: There is something that focuses on all the major annual holidays, and Easter has not been left out. Players can jump down a rabbit hole looking for holiday delights with slots like Wonky Wabbits, Easter Surprise, Easter Cash Basket, and Easter Eggs.
The crown jewel of slot themes has to be cultural storylines that let players in on the way of life of different people. Numerous games have been developed in this category, including:
- Egypt slots: Ancient Egypt was once the epitome of defining civilisation, and to this date, the world is still widely fascinated by the region. The online gaming niche lets players visit the land of pyramids with games like Phoenix Sun, Cleopatra, Book of Dead, and Cat Queen.
- Asian slots: Like Egypt, Asia has a rich culture that has been maintained for generations, and slot developers present it in a fun way that can be used to collect cash. Famous Asian slots include Ancient Gong, Dice and Fire, Emperor of the Sea, and Fa Fa Twins.
The scope of slot themes extends far beyond these three examples to focus on other popular elements like space, food, sports, and even nature. These titles can be explored in demo or real money play modes.