How to Find the Best Casino Bonuses
There has never been a better time for those who enjoy online gambling. There are probably thousands of online casinos and betting sites around the internet and new ones are opening all the time. There are several factors you should consider when selecting an online casino to gamble at but for many players it is the casino bonuses that attract them.
Virtually every online casino offers bonuses of one type or another and with so many gambling websites finding a bonus is relatively easy. Here are a few of the places you can look for casino bonuses:
- Casino Websites: When you visit an online casino one of the first things you are likely to see is some kind of bonus offer prominently displayed on their Homepage. Many sites will have a “Promotions” page listing all the different bonuses available on the site.
- Casino Review Sites: Casino review sites like NoDepositz evaluate different casinos based on game selection, banking options, and other factors including bonuses. They will often even have bonus offers not listed by the casino on their site. Sites like this are useful as you can compare different gambling websites without having to visit each one individually.
- Social Media Sites: Some online betting sites use social media to promote their online brand. By following them on sites like Facebook and Twitter you can sometimes learn about special bonuses not promoted on the casinos website.
- Mobile Apps: Yes, there are online casino apps you can download to your phone or tablet. Typically these are for individual casinos and the app is used for playing games on their site. Often, when you sign up for these apps they have special bonus offers for mobile users. There are also a few apps out there that are similar to review sites, that point you towards different sites offering casino bonuses
- Google: Do a Google search for “online casino bonuses” and you will get back more hits than you can read in a lifetime. With Google you just have to sift through all the feedback to find what you are looking for. You can narrow it down by specifying a specific casino or game.
We have established that it is easy to find casino bonuses but which ones are the best bonuses?
To be clear, no online casino is in the business of giving away money. Bonuses are used to attract new players to casinos and to keep regular players coming back. No deposit bonuses are used to get new users to register to a site while most other bonuses require players to deposit wager money. Usually the first thing that catches a user’s eyes when looking at a bonus offer is the size. This is all well and good but the real key to finding out if a bonus is good or not is understanding the terms and conditions that apply to it and online casinos often don’t make these bonus requirements easy to find. However, they are there and you should take the time to look before committing to a bonus. Here are some of the bonus terms you should look at:
- Wagering Requirement: Bonuses typically have a wagering requirement, sometimes known as play through. This is the amount of times you must wager the amount of the bonus before you can withdraw winnings. For example if you claim a bonus of $100 and the wagering requirement is 40x this means you will have to make 40 x $100 or $4000 in wagers before withdrawing. Often bonuses are what are called matching bonuses. If you deposit $100 and the casino offers a 100% matching bonus then they credit you with an extra hundred dollars. Beware when you check the terms. Sometimes the wagering requirement will be times the bonus plus your deposit. Using the 40x wagering requirement again you would need to make bets amounting to 40 x $100 bonus + $100 deposit or $8000, effectively doubling the amount you have to wager before withdrawing. Bottom line, with cash bonuses there will probably be wagering requirements and lower is better. Check if it’s just on the bonus or if it is bonus + deposit
- Free Spins: Free spins are often limited to a specific machine, usually one with a lower Return to Player (RTP). Free spins also usually come with a wagering requirement based on the value of the spins
- Withdrawal Limits: Some online casinos will limit the withdrawal of the amount of money you have won using bonuses. Any amount you have won over and above that amount wagering with bonuses is forfeit. A special note on “no deposit bonuses”. At some casinos although a deposit isn’t required to claim the bonus, you will have to make a deposit to withdraw winnings.
- Game Restrictions: This comes back to wagering requirements. Some games like Blackjack, Baccarat and Video Poker have a higher RTP than slots. Often money wagered on these games won’t count towards wagering requirements, or is limited to only a certain (small) percentage being applied towards the requirement.
- Time Restrictions: There are sites that set a time limit on bonuses, and if you fail to meet wagering requirements in that timeframe the bonus and anything you won betting with it is forfeit.
These aren’t all the bonus terms you will encounter, but they are the most common. The fact is all bonuses come with terms but they vary from casino to casino and there can be a big difference. Make sure you read and understand these terms before committing any money to a site to avoid unpleasant surprises. Bonuses can be a great deal for players but take the time to do some research. For a beginner, no deposit bonuses are ideal as you don’t have to commit anything upfront. If the bonus terms turn out to be unfavorable you have the option of walking away without committing anything.